Saturday 4 July 2015

Your wake up call this morning

Your wake up call this morning at 08:30 was brought to you by the City, Amey and UBS.

The pavement in front of the UBS building is regularly cleaned by the City.  Normally they start doing this in the middle of the morning on a Saturday, but today the Amey crew started at 08:30.

At 08:45 when I spoke to the team of two Amey workers they claimed to not know that they should not start until after 09:00.  They turned off their machine ... but turned it back on again once I'd left, and still before 09:00.  It would seem that it makes no difference to them if they know the times or not.

When environmental services were called they said there was nothing they could do as it was almost 9 already. ... though I later heard that an officer did visit the scene and talk to the Amey workers.

I measured the sound levels in my bedroom and on the street near their machine.  When the the machine was running sound levels in my bedroom were 68dB and on the street over 100dB.  Perhaps in addition to permitted times there should be permitted maximum sound levels.

... and penalties for those who knowingly break the rules,

Sorry, my boss told me to do it

No comments :